Hey beauties! I love being inspired to write posts about healthy new discoveries. Today’s post is about something that I find very interesting, and I’m sure you will too! I’m going to tell you a bit about why you should be drinking lemon water every morning and how your body and mind will benefit from doing so.
Here are five reasons why you should start your morning with a refreshing glass of lemon water:
1. It detoxes your body. According to Natural News, citric acid (found in lemons, oranges and limes) does a great job at cleaning out your system and detoxifying your body. Drink up to get those toxins out!
2. It works wonders for your skin. Since lemons have a ton of vitamin C—a vitamin that rejuvenates your skin—drinking lemon water will help to give you a clear complexion. And, according to Cajunlicious, not only will it freshen up your face, it will also freshen your breath!
3. It helps with digestion. Lemon juice helps your body to flush out bacteria that hinders digestion. It will also help your body to do a better job at flushing out toxins.
4. It wakes you up. According to Livestrong, lemon water is a natural energy drink. Not only is it way healthier than coffee or chemical-filled energy drinks like Red Bull, but drinking it regularly is also said to give you more energy than these caffeinated beverages.
5. It keeps you slim. Making lemon water a part of your daily routine will help keep your body looking like a lean machine in several different ways: Lemons have fiber, which helps to stave off hunger cravings, and drinking a glass of lemon water will help you stay full longer throughout the day. In addition, MindBodyGreen reports that it boosts your metabolism. What’s not to love!?
A glass of water with a twist of lemon is such a rejuvenating way to start your entire day. The strong citrus taste may take a bit of getting used to, but drinking this elixir is definitely worth it. Just taking one look at the many health benefits above makes me want to gulp down a glass right now…
Will you try drinking lemon water each morning? Do you have any health tips you would like me to share in a post?
Leave your comments, questions and blog requests below and I’ll be sure to check them out