Hey Girls! Red lipstick is a universal classic and perfect wear for prom. Yet many tend to assume they can’t wear it. Everyone should give red lipstick at least one try. It’s worth it, if you don’t like it you can take it right off.
Anyways, here are the steps on how to wear a prom perfect red lipstick:
- Rule No. 1: The secret lies in the rest of your face – The paler the skin, the bigger the pop. Go light on the eyes and the blush, otherwise you’ll risk looking like a clown. Skip eyeliner and go only for mascara (black for brunettes, brown for blondes and redheads), making sure to apply to bottom lashes (it opens up your eyes). Dust face with powder and cheeks with a soft blush.
- Rule No. 2: Line inside of lips – Red lipstick tends to bleed, so fill in lips with lip liner first, suggested by many makeup artists.
- Rule No. 3: Pick the right color – If your complexion is pink, you’ll look better in plum shades, while girls with yellow tones are flattered by warmer reds that have a brown base. A gorgeous color on almost everyone is Mac’s “Blaze”.
- Rule No. 4: Don’t let nails clash – We prefer non-red nail polish when you’re going red on the lips. A clear polish or light color is cool, and dark polish is a trend that shows no sign of going away anytime soon. If you want to go red on the nails, make sure the color matches your lips.
- Rule No. 5: Blending is in – Few makeup artists stick to one shade of any lipstick, they tend to blend a few to create the perfect colors. If you’ve bought a red lipstick shade that’s too bright, dark or whatever, don’t throw it away. Instead, experiment with other lipstick shades you have on hand to create the perfect shade of red.
- Rule No. 6: Choose lighter shades if you are older – Our lips thin as we age and dark lips can accentuate them. To keep lips from looking too severe, try a rosy red or avoid red lips altogether and opt for a neutral shade, playing up your eyes instead.
If you try this, Let me know in the comments below how it turned out. And don’t forget to follow me on my blog!