This week’s DIY inspiration had me thinking about all of the fun jewelry that I never wear anymore, but can’t bring myself to get rid of. So, I thought why not try to give them new life by using them for a creative DIY project? Hence, glamorous bookmarks! These pretty page holders are super easy to make and they can make any book fun to read.
What you’ll need:
- Strips of ribbon – They can be any color and texture you want, so have fun with it and be creative! You can purchase a yard of ribbon for about $1.59 from here.
- Ribbon clamps – these need to be the same width as your ribbon strips. You can purchase a pack of 10 for $1.50 here.
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers –if you have a pair of household pliers just lying around, these will work perfectly too!
- Jump Rings – These are what will keep your jewelry attached to the ribbon. You can purchase a pack of 100 for roughly $1.00 from here.
- Jewelry pieces of your choice – these can be necklace charms, rings, or even chandelier earrings.
- Start out by cutting a strip of ribbon. If you have a specific book in mind that you’d like to use, lay the ribbon across it and add about an extra inch. If not, I found that a good practical length is between nine and eleven inches.
- With the flat-nosed pliers, secure a clamp to each end of the ribbon. This prevents the ribbon from fraying and lets you enjoy it even longer!
- On one end of the newly clamped ribbon, hook a jump ring to the clamp.
- And for the finishing touch, add your jewelry of choice to the jump ring for a one of a kind bookmark!
It’s that easy and it will look so pretty marking the page in your favorite storybook. Don’t forget to follow
What piece of jewelry will you use to make your bookmark?