Running, you guys can’t even imagine how beneficial running can be for you & how much I love running. More and more people are slacking off from staying healthy especially during winter time and all they need is a little motivation. Today I will tell you guys 6 great reasons to why you should start running. People run for many reasons to lose weight, get fit, be more healthier, compete in races or try something new. Whatever your reason is you will gain much more mentally, emotionally and physically than just losing weight or getting fit. Here are my 6 reasons why you should start running:
1. Running will improve your health – The biggest benefit of running is that it’s good for your health. It is an excellent way to strengthen your heart and ensure that the efficient flow of blood and oxygen throughout the body, which helps decrease the risk of a heart attack. If your blood pressure is above normal exercise combined with maintaining healthy weight is the best way to reduce your blood pressure. Running can also keep your high cholesterol in check. Running will also improve your immune system, in result of making your body fight off germs more efficiently and more effectively.
2. You can lose weight -Many people start running to get skinny. Running is definitely a good way to burn calories and lose weight. If you already have a healthy weight then running can help you maintain it. But don’t start thinking that now you may eat anything you’d like. The wight loss rule is that you must burn calories than gain calories.
3. Running will improve your energy level – Running is what you really need that will boost you up on your tiring and lazy days. I have experienced it myself running improves my energy levels during the day. It is even better if your on a healthy diet, that will give you an excellent energy level.
4. Running makes you feel good about yourself – In my experience running increases your self-esteem and your confidence. The self-esteem benefits of running can increase if you select a goal (like a 5k run or a marathon) and accomplish it.
5. Running is inexpensive & versatile – For running you need very little equipment, & it can be done anywhere. All you need is a pair of running shoes, and your ready to go out the door to run!
6. Running helps you with stress relief – There are tons of methods and ways to relief stress, running being one of them is an excellent cure for stress, emotional strain & even mild depression.
If you do something 3 times a week you’ll get in the habit of doing it but if you don’t do it once, then you will never do it.