Hey Everyone! Have you ever wondered why is it that celebrities always look skinny in red carpet photos? Well, it is also true that some are skinny. So how is it that in pictures they all appear so slim-ly terrific? More importantly, how can we look 10 pounds thinner in photos?
The secret is in the pose. Here are a few secrets to appearing 10 pounds thinner in photos. You can practice these tips in front of a mirror.
- Secret No. 1: Turn partially sideways to the camera, planting one foot in front of the other. Point your toe to the camera and place your weight on your back foot.
- Secret No. 2: Pull head forward slightly to minimize any appearance of a double chin.
- Secret No. 3: Hold arms slightly away from your body. This keeps upper arm flab from flattening out and therefore appearing flabbier (much like thighs do when one sits on a couch).
- Secret No. 4: Pull shoulders back, chest forward and gently suck stomach in. Be careful not to suck stomach so far in that your ribs show, thereby causing those who later see the photo to cluck to themselves in a bemused, sing-song voice, “She’s sucking i-in.”
- Secret No. 5: If you can, try the look away trick. To do this, look away from the camera, then turn towards it, breaking into a smile just before the camera clicks. Your smile will appear fresh, not frozen. This trick takes practice behind closed, locked doors.
- Secret No. 6: Use objects you are holding to your advantage by placing them in front of parts of you you’d prefer to hide. A purse or corsage in front of your belly. A jacket slung over the shoulder. The very modern version of the corset, Spanx are famous for making women all over the world appear 10 pounds thinner.
- Secret No. 7: Fake tans will make you look and feel skinnier. Unfortunately, they tend to reek, except for GlowFusion, a spray tanner I swear is not odorous.
- Secret No. 8: It’s not just black that makes you look thinner. Wearing an entire outfit of just one color will do the trick as well, whether it be white, beige, brown, blue or red. One color tends to elongate your figure. Avoid entire outfits in pink, however, unless you are four years old or younger.
Don’t forget to follow!!